Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Why Terms of Use (TOU) are so Important

I hate when I download someone's designs and there are no TOUs (Terms of Use) in the zip file. Now some people would just do whatever they wanted with it, reasoning "If they wanted to restrict it, they would supply their TOU".

I don't do that. I hunt them down to the ends of the earth to ask their TOU lol. This is important to me, both as someone who finds great freebies, and someone who is a designer. I don't want someone doing whatever they want with my design (unless that WAS my TOU).

To me the TOU is the most important thing in the zip. Your designs are just that. YOURS. You say how we can use them. I look for that TOU, so I follow it correctly. Just because you get it free (Legally, from their blog or store) doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it.

There are designers who say do whatever you want with them. Others don't, or can't say that because of the designer resources they use, or because that isn't what they want done with their designs. Their designs, their choice.

Me, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler lol, so I use lovely designers of others to create things. I appreciate what others share a lot, since they have great talent in designing.

Nisa, just musing

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

You left me message on my blog, if its a c/u freebie i have feel free to use as a freebie. Personal Use freebies such as my templates are not to be reshared.

April 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Help Fight Breast Cancer

All Images are © Designs by Nisa. Do not use without written permission.