Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gratitude and Piracy

Another blogger posted today that people are not following her terms of use for her freebies, and she won't post any more CU (Commercial Use) freebies. A few people ruin things for everybody. I really try to follow others TOU (Terms of Use) for their designs. I have to contact some designers to see if I can use their CU designs to make freebies, as sometimes it's not clear from their enclosed TOU. Yes, it would be easy just to do what I wanted with everything. Easy now, but then you get busted and you could be sued, or at the least, not trusted. And I do not want others to do that with my designs, so I should treat their designs like I want mine to be treated, i.e. follow their TOU, and say thanks. It takes a lot of time to make designers. Even using others designs to make freebies takes some creative mojo, and sometimes I'm all out of mojo lol.

Before I started scrapping, I rarely said thank you for what I downloaded. Now I realize that downloading without a comment really hurts. It's nice to feel appreciated. Now I try to say thanks every time I download a freebie from a blog. They don't have to give them away, and it is nice for them to realize there are many who appreciate their hard work!

1 Comments:

Anonymous P&A Dezigns said...

AMEN to that sister! I completely agree!

May 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Help Fight Breast Cancer

All Images are © Designs by Nisa. Do not use without written permission.